To audition for PVA Dance, students must have previously submitted all components of the PVA application process. Please see How to Apply for further information.
There are two parts to the dance interview and audition process which due to Covid 19 restrictions will all take place virtually. The interview consists of a 10-minute conversation between our teachers and the PVA applicant accompanied by a parent/guardian. During that time, we look for passion and commitment to dance, as well as an understanding of what the demands of our program are and if you can meet them. It’s also beneficial for students and parents to ask questions and determine if we are a good fit for them as well!
This year, due to Covid 19 restrictions, we are asking students to audition virtually via video submission. Please prepare a video showcasing your dance that is approximately one minute in length so that it meets the requirements listed below. You can upload your work using this form.
- The video should be current (filmed within the last year).
- The video showcases a solo piece of choreography, or dance class exercises.
- The dance can be from your favorite genre: Jazz, Ballet, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Tap, etc.
- You can include more than one genre of dance if you would like to.
- Ensure your whole body is in the frame.
- Videos can be sent in either .MOV or .mp4 format.
In September, students will be placed in appropriate classes based on previous dance history and skill acquisition.
If dancers miss the group audition, there is a possibility to submit a late application. For the audition portion, dancers are to prepare a one-minute solo in a genre of their choice. PVA auditions are friendly and supportive. This may be your first audition ever and we want everyone to have a positive and fun experience.