Pursue Your Passion at Central Memorial…
Central is a learning community unlike any other in Calgary. Passion for learning fills the classroom with inspiration, just as dedication to performance fills the stage with emotion. Some schools specialize in a niche; at Central we believe that being well-rounded goes a long way. We strive to bring excellence to every corner of our school, offering a huge selection of courses, clubs, teams and activities to help our students make lasting friendships and have the most complete high school experience.
Our Central purpose is to attain high levels of learning for all. We are a safe and positive community promoting mutual respect and acceptance.
The Central Advantage
At Central, superior academics are a huge part of what we do. We prepare students emotionally and intellectually so they can excel. Our commitment to learning means that we believe in our students. We instill a sense of pride and confidence. We start with passionate teachers who are specialists in their subjects and have a sound understanding of adolescent learners. We know that students don’t all learn in the same way, or at the same speed, so we differentiate instruction and encourage a dialogue that keeps everyone involved.
And it works…
- 25% of students earn an average above 80%
- 50% of students earn an average above 70%
- 80% of AP students earn a mark of 3 or higher (Global average is 60%)
- $1 000 000 in Rutherford Scholarships alone in the last three years
- Diploma exam results are consistently above the provincial average
- 3% dropout rate
It is our belief that a lasting and meaningful education begins with a student who has opportunity to explore and master their interests. In this spirit, Central Memorial has always been responsive to student needs and passions. As a result, you would be hard-pressed to find a school environment more vital, expansive, dynamic and accommodating than that of Central Memorial.
At Central Memorial students have the opportunity to…
- Earn university credit while still in high school with Advanced Placement courses
- Earn a Fine Arts Certificate as a student in the Performing and Visual Arts Program
- Earn dual credits from SAIT as a mechanics student
- Earn an International Certificate by completing a series of courses with an international focus including courses in an international language
The Advanced Placement Program is one part of Central’s rich tradition and culture. We boast a roster of learned, committed and reflective teachers all of whom are certified by the College Board to deliver AP curricula, foster student success, and administer AP exams.
The Advanced Placement Program at Central Memorial provides the rigour and learning strategies essential for student preparedness and success at university. And those Diploma Exams? Central Memorial’s AP program consistently puts students well beyond the Provincial average.