How to Apply
While PVA is an auditioned program, there is a place for everyone with a passion for the arts. All students who audition will be placed in either PVA or PVA Intro.
Some students with a newly discovered passion for the arts need time to develop foundational skills before they can find success in enriched and rigorous studies. PVA Intro allows such students the opportunity to come to Central and focus on this learning. Students enrolled in PVA Intro are welcome to re-audition for PVA after developing fundamental skills and confidence in artistic work.
To apply for PVA:
1. Download and complete the PVA Application Form.
- You are required to include a current report card or transcript. For some CBE students, this may mean your last grade eight report card.
- Attach your Student Reflection.
2. Book your placement audition/interview when you deliver your application form and attachments to Central’s main office.
3. Prepare for your placement audition/interview. Each discipline has different audition/interview requirements. To learn more, select the appropriate discipline in the yellow area below.
The deadline for applications for the 2021-2022 school year is Friday January 8th, 2021 before 2 pm.
For information regarding consideration for the 2020-2021 school year please contact Paul Mulloy.
1. Late applications will be considered but space is limited so we recommend getting your paperwork in before the January deadline.
What Happens After My Placement Audition / Interview?
Emails are sent to all candidates after placement auditions/interviews to inform students as to whether they have been placed in PVA Intro or PVA. Placement emails will outline the registration process.
If you don’t receive an email two weeks after your placement audition/interview, please contact our main office secretary at (403) 243-8880 ext. 2311.
Late registration makes timetabling and course selection more difficult. Thus, we strongly encourage candidates to submit paperwork before the January deadline outlined above.